St Catherine’s Catholic College is situated in the beautiful Whitsundays. Our College consists of two campuses, Loyola Campus and Manresa Campus.
96 Renwick Road
PROSERPINE QLD 4800
114 Renwick Road
PROSERPINE QLD 4800
SCHOOL BUS SERVICE
Whitsunday Transit & Shuttle Service is contracted by Queensland Transport to take eligible students to and from school. Transfers are made from Shute Harbour through Jubilee Pocket, Airlie Beach and Cannonvale to Proserpine and also cover the areas of O'Connell River, Dingo Beach, Strathdickie, Lethebrook, Conway Beach, Wilson's Beach, North Gregory and Bowen.
Please contact Whitsunday Transit for application forms and details of the bus route nearest to you - www.whitsundaytransit.com.au
ASSISTANCE WITH BUS COSTS TO ST CATHERINE'S
Bus costs to St Catherine's can be expensive especially from Airlie Beach and Bowen. For this reason, families are encouraged to apply for the
No family should pay more than the weekly threshold rate which is generally set between $20 - $30 a family per week, regardless of the number of children you have travelling on the buses. While you are required to pay upfront for the service during the semester, you can claim back the amount you have spent over this weekly threshold. (Please keep any receipts or proof of payment). Parents are able to apply online anytime in May (1st to 31st) to claim bus fares for January to June (Sem 1) and in October (1st to the 31st) for bus fares paid for July to December (Sem 2). Applications are available online during the month of May and October at this webpage. The Guidelines for eligibility for the Bus Fare Assistance Program are available here.
For new Bowen families, please liaise with Alie McNamara regarding the School-Parent Agreement (SPA) system.
DEDICATED ST CATHERINE'S BUS RUN
St Catherine's is investigating the possibility of a dedicated St Catherine's bus run provided by Whitsunday Transit for our fare paying students in 2018. With this proposal is the possibility of family concessions on bus fees through the college. The bus run would pick up St Catherine's students from Airlie Beach to Brandy Creek stopping at the following bus stops. Families would nominate at the beginning of the year either to utilise this dedicated service OR to continue using their regular bus service which would include Bus 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 19, 20, 21, 22 or 23.
It is important to note that only students with a disability will be eligible if catching this chartered bus service under the Students With Disability (SWD) program. Applications lodged under the Bus Fare Assistance Program (BFAP) will not be eligible.
- Why doesn't the bus run include my child's stop? Currently the Airlie Beach to Proserpine run utilizes 11 buses. This number of runs allows side streets and stops away from Shute Harbour Road to be covered. If the dedicated run was to cover all of these stops, it would take well over 2 hours to get to school! The dedicated run only picks up at the bus stops along Shute Harbour Road from Airlie to Brandy Creek. You are welcome to drive your child/ren to these stops if you would like them to catch the dedicated bus.
- Why are Mercy students prioritized? Mercy students are our youngest students and the main reason the idea of a dedicated St Catherine's bus was investigated. Siblings of Mercy students are prioritized to prevent families being split between buses. Older siblings especially those on Loyola or Manresa are expected to act as bus monitors ensuring the good behaviour and therefore the safety of these younger students.
- Can St Catherine's students still use the other buses provided by Whitsunday Transit? Yes, your child can choose not to use the dedicated St Cath's bus run and continue to use their current bus number.
- Is St Catherine's making money from providing a bus run? No, St Catherine's would need to substantially subsidize the payment for this dedicated run.
- Why do we need to pay for the term upfront, why can't we just pay as we go? St Catherine's would need to pay Whitsunday Transit up front the cost of 70 students using the bus for the year. We need a commitment from parents each term to ensure this outlay is viable.
- Airlie Cove bus stop
- Cedar Court bus stop
- Jubilee Pocket (bus stop opp Jubs Tavern)
- PCYC bus stop
- Hermitage Drive bus stop
- Cnr Waterson Way and Seaview Drive
- Club Croc bus stop
- Whitsunday Shops bus stop
- Stewart Drive bus stop
- Home Hardware bus stop
- MacArthur Drive bus stop
- Adventure Whitsunday bus stop
- Cnr Valley Drive and Ridgeview
- Cnr Abell Road and Hamilton Ave
- Whitsunday Plaza bus stop
- Bus Depot (Orchid Road)
- Cnr Shute Harbour Road and Stanley Drive
- Cnr Shute Harbour Road and Kookaburra Drive
- Cnr Shute Harbour Road and Brandy Creek Road (last pickup location)