More pages in this section
Jy named Captain at National Swimming Champs
A massive congratulations to our Year 12 student Jy Parkinson who represented our College at the National School Sport Australia Swimming Championships in Sydney at the end of August.
Jy was very honoured to be named as Queensland Male Swimming Captain and proud to represent the 163 QLD swimmers in various roles including having to present a speech in front of hundreds at the opening ceremony.
His results are as follows:
- 17-19 years
- 200 Butterfly in 2.11.29 with a PB of 1.30 secs finishing 4th in Australia.
- 50 Butterfly in 26.73 with a PB 0.11 secs finishing 5th in Australia.
- 100m Butterfly in 58.83 with a PB 0.26 secs finishing 4th in Australia.
- 50 Backstroke in 28.01 with a PB 0.04 secs finishing 6th in Australia.
- 100 Freestyle in 54.26 with a PB 0.24 secs finishing 5th in Australia.
- Plus 2 Queensland Relay team swims for :
4 x 100 Freestyle finishing in 5th place
4 x 50 Freestyle finishing in 4th Place
Well done Jy, you should be very proud of your achievements!
Return to Stories