More pages in this section
Sports, Teams & Competitions
In the early years, our students work with specialist physical education teachers to develop and master core skills and movements. From Year 2, these lessons become more game orientated, as our students participate in sports at carnivals and inter-house competitions.
From Year 4, student opportunities to participate in sport broadens as they have the opportunity to represent our College and the district in sporting teams. This includes at North Queensland, Queensland and Australian levels. From Year 7, sport is part of our students’ everyday life and they can participate in Rugby League, Netball (and QISSN Carnival), Volleyball, Touch Football, Swimming, Athletics, Cross Country, Basketball, AFL, Soccer, Rugby 7’s and nominate to be part of our College’s Sports Excellence Program.
As a College with close links to community organisations, we also support students to participate in a multitude of sports activities including but not limited to Sailing, Outrigger Paddling, Motor Sports, Rugby Union, Fishing, Tennis and Table Tennis.
- Interschool sporting teams
- Whitsunday and North Queensland Sporting Trials - Rugby League, Netball, Volleyball, Touch Football, Basketball, Football, Athletics and Cross-Country (District, NQ, State)
- Bill Turner Cup
- Mackay District Rugby League Competition
- Queensland Independent Secondary Schools Netball Competition
- Mackay Schools Aussie Rules (boys and girls)
- All Schools Touch Football
- Queensland Secondary Schools Cricket Competition
- Sevens Rugby Union
- Assist at Primary Athletics, Swimming and Cross-Country events
- Whole College event days