More pages in this section
Each year we offer a range of social justice activities that encourage our students to ‘walk in someone else’s shoes’ and serve others through involvement in:
- Project Compassion
- St Vincent de Paul Mini Vinnies - Mini Vinnies (Year 5 and 6) - Students visit the Nursing Home with our Mini Vinnies group, once a term as part of the College’s social justice program. Students are encouraged to use their gifts to benefit others. Residents are entertained by a variety of performances from juggling and joke-telling to poetry and piano playing.
- St Vincent de Paul Sleepout
- Parish Outreach Programs within the Whitsunday Region
- St Vincent de Paul Christmas Appeal
- Mission Australia: Socktober
- Jesuit Social Services/Refugee Service
- Service to Local Nursing Homes
As residents of the beautiful Whitsundays, we respect our role as stewards of creation, offering a variety of activities and groups that promote responsible citizenship in sustainability. We provide support through both fundraising and involvement to:
- Clean Up Australia Day
- Enviro Group
- Local Recycling Initiatives
St Catherine’s Catholic College graduates will be people of hope who:
- Have the courage to proactively seek justice for the common good.
- Have the wisdom to recognise their gifts and to strive to excel for the benefit of all.
- Have the generosity of heart to show compassion, both in their decision-making and in their relationships with others.
- Have the integrity to create community through relationships, which are based on respect, inclusion, and tolerance.
Community service takes several forms:
- Fundraising for Abera, our sponsor child
- Project Compassion and Caritas
- Donations for Vinnies Christmas Hampers
- Clean up Australia Day
- Vege gardens, butterfly garden, worm farms, Chickens
- Energy monitors
- Indigenous Signs and Symbols